Monday, July 1, 2013

GlamGlow

When the husbands away, the aesthetician will play...with a new facial mask so she doesn't scare her husband!




This is my latest "I gotta try that" take home product. I purchased it at the spa where I regularly go for facials and mani/pedis. For this of you that can't see the pic, it's called GLAMGLOW. It's a "tingling & exfoliating mud mask" that is supposed to give you "super sexy super radiant skin". 




I tend to have an a more oily than normal skin type so I like a good clay or mud mask to absorb some of the impurities. GLAMGLOW contains French sea clay and purified clay for absorption as well as some volcanic rock particles that act as additional exfoliant if you choose to rub a bit upon removal of the mask.  It also has soothing ingredients like cucumber and chamomile.

The instructions say you can do it twice a week, although, if I had more sensitive skin I may opt for once a week or every other week - and avoid the rubbing and scrubbing upon removal. You put it on clean skin, wait about 10 minutes for it to dry, than rinse.  You can feel the volcanic rock particles when you're rinsing and if you choose, you can gently exfoliate by using gentle circular motions or you can choose to simply rinse it off.


All in all, I like it.  It's a nice option if you like a mud/clay mask and need a little additional exfoliation.  It's a little pricey at around the $65 mark, but 25% of the companies profits and said to be donated to breast cancer research, so that's admirable.  You can get less expensive mud/clay masks that probably do a decent job, too.  If you have one that you like and would like me to give you my option, feel free to contact me via e-mail (you find my email on my website) or via my Facebook page.


If you have personally used GLAMGLOW and want to share your thoughts and opinions, feel free to leave gently worded comments here on the blog, Facebook or Twitter.  

Thanks for reading!  Until next time....

Peace, Love & SPF



No comments: