Friday, March 7, 2008

Be Beautiful on the Inside

I guess this is going to fall under the "whatnot" catagory...


I've been thinking about how I work in a business where everyone I see is concerned about their outside appearance. Facials to improve the skin, injectable fillers to make the lips fuller, botox for the wrinkles, surgery to enhance your breasts, make you thinner, make your butt bigger, etc. "If you look good, you feel good." You can find this quote on many plastic surgery web-sites and I do, in my heart, think that the way you feel about your outside appearance does play a part in the way your feel about yourself as a whole.


But what about the inside? I'm not talking about taking your vitamins, or having a healthy diet (these thing are important, don't get me wrong, it's just not where I'm going). I'm talking about feeling good about yourself...being the best person you can be.  Still don't get it?  Have you ever met someone who you think is really, I mean, really good looking?  Then, you get the opportunity to spend a little time with this person and they turn out to be rude or scarcastic....suddenly, they are so hot anymore.  The type of person you are on the inside will find its way to the outside.

You know that warm fuzzy feeling you get when you do something nice for someone - just because?  Find a way to experience that feeling more often.  It doesn't mean that you have donate half you paycheck, or quit your job and work with Greenpeace (or maybe it does).  There are tons a organizations just begging for volunteers!  Maybe it's helping Habitat for Humanity build a house (this is a lot a work, but a fantastic experience - and you can skip the gym because you get more than a workout), a few hours a month at the local animal shelter (my favorite) or helping to feed the homeless, or simply helping your neighbor find their lost cat (yes, I said neighbor - that's the person who lives next door to you - go say hello).

Be beautiful on the inside and it will show on the outside.  :)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is the most awesome blog EVER!!!
Thank you!